Configuring JMS Destination on Websphere application server
You can configure both Queue and Topic destinations for the default messaging provider. Creating a JMS destination using the default messaging provider is a two process step which requires
- Registering the JMS destination on the Bus
- Definition of the JMS destination (and its binding) as WAS Resource
Let’s see each one in detail:
Registering the JMS destination on the Bus
In the first part, we will register a JMS Queue on the Bus by completing the following steps:
- Click Service integration > Buses.
- Then click on the JMSBus we have formerly created and navigate to Destinations link.
- From there, click New:
- Now choose the destination type as shown by the following picture:
- Next, enter an unique Identifier for the Queue destination, as shown in the picture:
- In the last screen, you will assign the Queue to a Bus member. You can just leave the default values and confirm the queue creation in the last screen.
Click OK and Save the changes to the master configuration. A new Queue name
DemoQueue has been created.
Definition of JMS destinations as WAS Resource
Once registered the JMS destination on the Bus, in order to be able to use it you need to define it as WAS Resource.
- From the Admin Console expand your Resources option and choose JMS > Queues.
- In the Queues window, choose the Scope for your destination and then click New.
Select the Default messaging provider option and click OK:
Complete the wizard by entering the JMS destination properties. In this example, we are binding the Demo Queue under the JNDI name “jms/demoQueue” and using the following properties:
Click OK. The new Queue is created. Save the changes to the master configuration.