Jakarta EE 10 ready ! (December 2022)
Jakarta EE 10 is the latest version of the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) platform, which is designed to help developers build modern, scalable, and secure enterprise applications. This book provides a comprehensive guide to using Jakarta EE 10, covering everything from its architecture and key technologies, to best practices and advanced topics. With this book, you will learn how to set up your development environment, create and deploy Jakarta EE applications, and use the latest features in the platform and improved cloud-native capabilities. Whether you are new to Jakarta EE or an experienced Java EE developer, this book will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to build robust and efficient enterprise applications with Jakarta EE 10.
The first part of the book covers everything from the foundation components (EJB, Servlets, CDI, JPA) to the new technology stack defined in Jakarta EE 10, including Batch API, JSON-P API, the Concurrency API,Web Sockets, the JMS API, the core Web services stack (Jakarta REST Services, Jakarta SOAP Services). The testing area with Arquillian framework and the Security API is also fully covered in this part. At the end of this part, you will be able to create and deploy Enterprise applications on the top of Jakarta EE 10 runtimes (WildFly 27 or newer) and migrate your existing Java EE applications.
The second part of the book discusses how to integrate the Jakarta Enterprise API with the Microprofile specification, to provide essential services to develop robust microservices such as the Configuration API, the Health API, the Fault tolerance API, the OpenAPI and Tracing API, the Metrics API, JWT Authentication API and REST Client API.
Finally, the third part of the book covers how to build Microservices using WildFly Bootable jar technology and how to deploy them on the cloud with Red Hat OpenShift.
What you will learn from this book:
- Everything you need to know about Java EE, Jakarta EE 10 and MicroProfile API
- How to set up your development environment to build Enterprise applications and Microservices on the top of WildFly.
- Which are the best Maven plugins that you can use to simplify your project scaffolding
- The foundation components that constitute the backbone of your applications: EJB, CDI, JPA, JAX-RS, JAX-WS
- How to build loosely coupled applications using the straightforward JMS API
- How to test your applications with Arquillian in a managed environment, remote environment and even on the cloud!
- Discover how to develop Concurrent and Compliant Enterprise applications using the Concurrency API and how to define Batch Jobs using WildFly’s batch subsystem.
- Secure all kinds of applications (Web/EJB) with standard and custom login modules. How to encrypt the communication of EJB applications and Web applications.
- How to enhance your Jakarta EE stack with Microprofile API to build robust Microservices
- How to turn your Jakarta EE applications in Microservices using WildFly Bootable jar technology